Schools online resources and links
There are lots of articles and websites with material suitable for budding philosophers. Here are some:
- The Routledge A Level Philosophy site has links to relevant text books, plus AS and A2 syllabi, etc.
- Philosophy 4 Children: information about what it is, training courses available, etc., from SAPERE, an educational charity devoted to pursuing philosophical enquiry as part of education.
- The Philosophy Foundation: a not-for-profit company delivering philosophy in primary and secondary schools with specialist philosophy teachers (philosophy graduates), and training teachers in Enquiry and questioning skills to develop higher-order thinking and collaborative learning in children.
- A Level Philosophy site: provides training and resources for teachers and students of A Level philosophy and religious studies for Years 12 and 13.
- The Royal Institute of Philosophy’s magazine, Think, has articles on various topics, and some ’Thinking tools’ articles which introduce pointers on thinking clearly and rigorously.
- The Philosophers’ Magazine and Philosophy Now also have some online articles.
- And for a bit of light (yet educational) relief, your students might like to try out TPM’s games page.